5 Steps of Action to Increase Sustainability in your Business
- Create a reporting system that accurately measures your sustainability efforts on a weekly basis.
- Engage your CFO’s in conversations concerning sustainability, and how choosing the appropriate “green” tools can save money for your company in the long run.
- Recognize that your employees will most likely have great ideas on how to improve your carbon footprint, and can be used as a resource of fresh knowledge in this department. Asking them for their input will make them feel appreciated and give them an incentive to participate in the long term prosperity of your organization.
- Understand that becoming energy efficient increases the value of your company, not only to the planet, but also to your stakeholders, investors, customers, and suppliers. Being actively involved in a sustainable organization creates a great reputation.
- Create a risk management plan addressing disruption in access to key “green” resources.
Following these steps will lead you to the ultimate set up of a true sustainable company, and will contribute greatly to your reputation!
What other ideas do you have to create a sustainable environment for your business?